January 15, 2011

Card no. 90 - Getting close to the Valentine's Day

Happy Saturday!!!

Yesterday was the first day I ventured out with my girls after a whole week hiding indoors due to the icy roads and sidewalks - even the local grocery store was closed! Oh, my! The South surely doesn't know is not prepared to handle snowy conditions. They said on TV that the city of Atlanta has only 2! plows - did you see how much snow we had?!! Incredible. But then again, it's never NEVER like this.

Anywhooo ... i went to the grocery store and surprise, surprise my engine light went off - so I took my car to the shop - from 11am till 4pm!!! Thank goodness Barnes and Noble was only short walking distance - with nice warm Starbucks ... he he he ... My daughter (a little spoiled brat - as she is) was surprised we had to walk. I had to explain to her that when I was a child - living in Slovakia - we only had to walk and walk some more. She was in shock! Ha! I should do this more often. We take regular walks around our neighborhood, but never further than that. So here is another challenge for this year - walk beyond our neighborhood's boundaries!

Today's card was such a joy to make! I just loooooove love love the LOVE themed cards. My favorite thing to create. And since I've never used those gorgeous rose ribbons from American Craft I wanted to use them and what a better theme than lovey-dovey.

The Front View
Tilda is colored with Copics & ProMarkers and sparkled up with Stickles (Star Dust). I made couple dimensional touches to give the card a little more "POP" effect.

The Image View
I've got the new Making Memories J t'Adore papers and they ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! Surely wish I've got some more. I used the Spellbinders - Labels no. Ten and sewed the outside edges. The rhinestones are from Recollections by Michaels and flowers are by Prima. I added a little bit of sparkly chalk to the edges and Distress Ink.

The Inside View
Challenges:
Saturday Challenge #117 - With Love
Stamp Something Challenge - Anything Goes
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - All Stiched Up
Cute Card Thursday - Monochrome
Just Magnolia - My Favorite Things
Simon Says Stamp - Sketch & very similar Sketch @ Wild Orchid Challenge

ENJOY!!!



13 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful "with love" card. Love the lace.

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Jill said...

This was just beautiful!!
Love the way you cut out Tildas ribbon. Following your blog now so I can see what else you make.
Have a nice weekend ;)
hugs, Jill

Kristel said...

That is a truly gorgeous card Michaela!!
Hugs Kristel

downrightcrafty said...

Such a gorgeous and loving creation thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining WOC with such a sweet card dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Curlybear said...

Wow Beautiful card, sweet image and fab colour combo
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 117: With Love,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Lena said...

A stunning card. Simply perfect.
The colours look so lovley and fresh.
Loving those design papers,
and such a well coloured image.
Is fantastic this ribbon embellie.
Thanks for joining us at DDCC. I hope to see you again!!
Hugs
Lena

Kathy said...

Such a pretty card and ohhhh that ribbon is gorgeous!!! Love what you did with the sketch and that image is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC and Just Magnolia! :)Kathy

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Yenni Natalia said...

super duper pretty!!!

thanks for join Dutch dare challenge :)
hope to see you again in the next challenge

hugs
yenni

debby4000 said...

Just popping back to thank you for joining in this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamps.
luv
Debby

melanin@ said...

I love this card! Such wonderful colors. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...