March 14, 2010

Stationery Box Tutorial

Here is a little tutorial, that I designed to make a simple Stationery Box. This box should hold few cards & envelopes sized at 6" x 6". However, I personally use 51/2" x 51/2", so this box gives me a little extra room on the side.


Here it goes.
You will need: cardstock or designer paper, MS score board (or Scor-Pal), scissors (or sharp blade), permanent sticky double-sided tape, 3 1/2" circle punch or MS "Circle maker", border punch, embelishments, stamped & colored image, anything else your heart desires to decorate this thing :)

1. Start with a cardstock size 12" x 12" - Score it at 3" and 9"
(Just a thought - didn't try it yet: to accommodate card sized: 51/2" x 51/2" - score instead at 31/4" & 8 3/4" - this should work, I hope - not sure if you'd have to cut out that extra 1/2'' someplace else - shouldn't, though)
2. Turn it around and score it again at 5" & 7"
Step 1 & 2
3. Cut into the cardstock to create two flaps on both sides (view picture below)

Step 3
4. Cut off 1" on one of the sides and I think the picture doesn't show it, but also score 1" on the bottom part

Step 4
Yup, I think the previous picture doesn't show - score at 1'' on the bottom part.
5. Add permanent tape to the middle part - or I guess you could use glue - but I think this would hold better.

Step 5.

6. Close the flaps & press firmly - try to be even - I missed that (see picture?) and then I had hard time folding it ... oops!

Step 6
7. Using your 3 1/2" circle punch or Martha Stewart's "Circle Maker", cut out a half circle on one side.

Step 7

8. Add tape to all sides (as viewed on the picture below), fold and close together.

Step 8

Ta dah! All done. This is how it should look like when you close it.
Easy! Right? If you have any trouble using this guide, please, feel free to email me at cardheaven@gmail.com and I can send you additional instructions and/or pictures.

And here is the final product all decorated - my daughter likes a lot of color (and hearts, of course!) :)


Feel free to use this little guide and if you do, please, I would appreciate if you could credit me with a back link.

Thank so much! Have a faaaabulous day!

1 comments:

Mina said...

wow this is brilliant I will certainly be having a go at this and your tutorial is so clear
Mina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...