September 6, 2010

Card no. 66 - You're Sweet

Well, well ... finally found a little bit of time for some much-needed crafting. I finished this card yesterday, but haven't had a chance to post it yet. We went to a bonsai store on Saturday afternoon (where my hubby could walk for HOURS - but after 3 hrs I just got fed up and said let's go, besides kids were going totally crazy). Yesterday we went to the Zoo and it was THE perfect day for it. The weather was wonderful, not too hot, not too cold - humidity just right - absolutely fabulous!

Anyways, I made this card for my friend Amanda, who is absolutely wonderful photographer and she did family pictures for us this past Monday - haven't seen them yet, but I am sure they are fabulous.

I used few challenges to get my inspiration going:
Friday Sketchers - Sketch no. 118
Just Magnolia - Week 71 (Anything goes)
Simon Says Stamp - Pearls and Lace

I messed up on coloring Tilda's face - Gosh! I have to get that down! But the overall "shabbiness" hides that a bit - hopefully :)

The Front View

The Detail no. 1

The Detail no. 2

The Detail no. 3

The Inside View

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Tim Holtz Papers & wee bit of DCWV's Luxury Pack
Stamp: Magnolia's Tilda from the Wedding Collection, Magnolia's Butterflies from the Fairytale Collection, Sentiment by Pink Cat Studio - all colored with ProMarkers, ShinHan Markers & Ciao Copics; Inkadinkado's Love Letter Backround, Penny Black's Music Backround
Embelishments: Stickles, Pearls by KaiserKrafts, Liquid Pearls,Prima Flowers, Lace from JoAnn's, Distress Inks (Tattered Rose, Old paper)
Tools: MS Border Lace Punch, Spellbinders - Large Scalloped Oval, Cricut, Close to My Heart's Edge Distresser, Sewing Machine (Kenmore)

ENJOY!

Don't forget to leave me a comment, so I can visit your blog too!



7 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW this is just gorgeous!!!! I love the colors that you have used and the details are stunning!!! Such a pretty card!
:)Kathy

Christine said...

Wow, your card is simply gorgeous. I love all of the many details and beautiful sparkles. Your coloring is fabby. Glad you had a good time at the zoo. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Christina said...

Wowww Michaela! Wonderfull and stunning card! Love the details you put on!
Hugs Kristel

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Michaela. Love the papers you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Bev said...

Oh this is so sweet, love the colour combo and wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Melodie Wilson said...

Hi Michaela: I have a suggestion for your faces. I did alot of youtube tutorials on using the copis for skin tones. I also started using chalks for the cheeks and loved the results. The youtube tutorials will tell you what copics to buy and will show you how to blend them. I learned so much.......remember, not to many months ago I stayed away people and faces because I just didn't know how to get the right combination.

so glad you are back.....we all missed you this summer but am glad you had a great time with your mom and your kids.

Melodie

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW, Beautiful card. Love all the sparkles. Gorgeous!!!

Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia!

Hugs, Mindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...