August 28, 2010

Card no. 64 - Happy Birthday Bryn!

Another birthday party under our belt. My friend's sweet little girl was turning 8 ... oh, my where does the time go?!

I managed to skip Mom's Night Out on Friday and created this card. I have few more to make! Ajajaj ... I think I need few more hours in my day (everyday) - they should invent 32 hour days - that would be fabulous. Maybe I would get things done ... eh, when I think about it ... maybe not! Ha!
There are always dishes, laundry, things lying around ... no matter how early or late I go to bed or wake up ... so, never mind ...

I came across a very interesting article were they try to describe what means being a mom:
"In list form. When you have young kids, your typical day is: constant attention, from getting them out of bed, fed, clean, dressed; to keeping them out of harm's way; to answering their coos, cries, questions; to having two arms and carrying one kid, one set of car keys, and supplies for even the quickest trips, including the latest-to-be-declared-essential piece of molded plastic gear; to keeping them from unshelving books at the library; to enforcing rest times; to staying one step ahead of them lest they get too hungry, tired or bored, any one of which produces the kind of checkout-line screaming that gets the checkout line shaking its head.

It's needing 45 minutes to do what takes others 15.

It's constant vigilance, constant touch, constant use of your voice, constant relegation of your needs to the second tier.

It's constant scrutiny and second-guessing from family and friends, well-meaning and otherwise. It's resisting constant temptation to seek short-term relief at everyone's long-term expense.

It's doing all this while concurrently teaching virtually everything -- language, manners, safety, resourcefulness, discipline, curiosity, creativity. Empathy. Everything."

I thought she described it perfectly!


Anywhoo, for some reason I could not manage to take a good picture of this card. The light was just off and I tried to fix it with Photoshop but I couldn't without washing out the beautiful green color, so sorry for the poor quality.
I used a lot of Stickles, a lot of dew drops and little time :) - that's my "signature" move ... he he he

The Front View

The Detail

I hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, DCWV's Luxury Pack (just about to become my favorite!)
Stamp: Magnolia's Tilda colored with ProMarkers, ShinHan Markers & Ciao Copics
Embelishments: Stickles, Ribbon is from JoAnn's, Prima Flowers, Dew Drops by Robin's Nest
Tools: MS Border Punch, Spellbinders - Label number Two, MS Branch Punch, MS Circle Maker

ENJOY!

Don't forget to leave me a comment, so I can visit your blog too!

4 comments:

Christina said...

A really wonderfull card!! I love the colours, you coloured Tilda with!
Hugs Kristel

B said...

So pretty! Love the sparkly frog! :)

Stephanie said...

Your card is beautiful & that article is spot on lol x

Juls said...

Fabulous! Love all the glitter! Hugs Juls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...